Many real estate agents think that the work has finished with the process of sale or purchase of a property. But we want to show you why it is important to maintain contact with former real estate clients for future reference.
Like professional sellers, you may spend most of your time generating new leads, which is very important. But what if we tell you that with less effort and budget, you could get new leads using the old real estate clients that you have already worked with.
We will show you why this is vital and how you can achieve great results in your real estate business, spending a minimum of time if you keep contact with former real estate clients.
In the study “Profiles of buyers and sellers of houses 2019” issued by NAR (The National Association of Realtors in the United States), they indicate that 90% of buyers would work again with their agent or recommend it to others. In addition, 70% of sellers would like to use their agent for future services or they would recommend them.
Statistics Matter, Right?
Think of all the clients you helped last year and throughout your career. Now take 90% of them. There are many opportunities!
Now we are going to the crucial point. Remember your communication with these former real estate clients. When was the last time you talked to them? Was it recently? With all of them? If not, you may be losing a lot of money.
Regardless of whether they are ready to buy or sell in the near future, you must maintain in contact with them. This can have a positive financial impact on your business. The same study reveals that 66% of sellers and 41% of buyers work with a real estate advisor that was recommended by a friend, neighbor or relative.
It’s simple, people who are happy with your services will recommend you because they trust you, and they may link you to someone who can also use your services.
However, it is your job to make sure that they remember you if there is a chance in which they can recommend you. That said, imagine how a simple contact with your former customers could help your final balances from time to time.
How to get real estate clients to get in touch again
Beyond an initial transaction with a customer, there are several ways to provide consistent value, so you can stay in their minds.
How to Keep in Touch with Former Real Estate Clients
Here are Some Tracking Tips:
1. Send Valuable Content Such as:
– A monthly newsletter. With the real estate CRM Aidy, you can choose your preferred template and send them automatically.
– The current value of a property that you bought or sold.
– A video about local restaurants, properties and events in the sector.
– A buying and selling guide that you can easily share with your sphere.
– Inspire them with home decoration tips.
2. Send Special Content Such As:
– A personalized text video thanking them for a specific reference.
– A monthly video with important dates. There is a national day for everything, such as the country’s Independence Day or Labor Day. It is a perfect opportunity to apply your creativity.
– Congratulate them on their birthday. Aidy real estate software helps you set reminders with your real estate clients’ birthdays and allows you to choose a congratulations card.
3. Invite Them to a Local Event and Tell Them that They Can Also Take a Friend, Family Member, Co-Worker or Someone They Know:
– You can be the moderator of this event or simply the planner or the host. For high quality customers who can produce a large number of references, consider inviting them to a sport event.
– You can create your invitations with the real estate CRM Aidy, where you will find predesigned real estate templates that you can send to your registered contacts. You can also publish them easily on your social networks to boost your real estate marketing.
At the end of the day, the goal is to make them remember you as their real estate agent. When you are in their minds constantly, people will recommend you to their acquaintances for the exceptional experience you gave them, before and after the buying or selling process.
The more references you receive, the less time you will have to devote to find new real estate leads.
If you are looking for more creative ways to move forward in tracking your customers, you can read our blog about the 7 types of emails you need to send to your real estate leads. And always remember to use real estate tools such as the crm software Aidy.