With so many options to promote a home for sale online, real estate signs are one of the oldest and most authentic real estate marketing methods, still in use today. Although about 40% of recent buyers searched for their home online, street signs that say “for sale” are still a popular form of advertising.
Types and styles of real estate signs
Some Real Estate Agents use a real estate sign installation service, which provides a placement service for signage. There are also agents who place them on their own.
If a real estate agent is hired to list a house, phone calls will go to that listing agent. A phone call is an excellent opportunity to discuss all the wonderful features of the home, which are sometimes not evident from the outside.
Some homeowners associations do not allow yard sale signs, or the Homeowners Association may have size and location restrictions. If you live in a planned community, it is wise to read the regulations before placing a for sale sign in the yard.
Standard types of real estate yard signs vary based on the weather conditions inherent in where you live, the type of brokerage your home has included, and in some cases, just personal preference. Below we detail a simple classification:
Size: its size should be the maximum possible, which depends on where it is going to be placed. We could say that a sign 1 meter long by half a meter high is the standard format. Anything below these dimensions will attract only a few people.
White background: it is the best background for a poster of any type and since the realtors signs does not have a design, this background is the best.
Plain text: it is preferable that the phrase “For Sale or Rent” is in red and below the contact phone number is black. The text of “For Sale or Rent” 25% larger than the phone number
Do not add anything unnecessary: The logo or name of the real estate agency, and any other additional information is not essential, and depends on the decision of each real estate organization.
Real estate sign posts offer opportunities to reach a target audience that is not reached from the Internet.
Remember that knowing your target audience is important. To get an impressive advertising sign about your real estate business, you must adapt it to your audience and design a poster based on their tastes and needs.
Tips for real estate for sale signs
- The sign provides a brand presence in the area. The more posters, the greater the knowledge of this real estate organization. This facilitates the capture of real estate leads in the future since an owner who has decided to sell his house, will go to his real estate agency to be able to sell his house.
- Visual stimulation that will make potential customers remember them, both buyers and sellers. In this case it is necessary that the real estate sign has the name or brand of the real estate agency.
- A sign should never be placed next to another real estate agency sign. It is advisable to put signs in the gardens of houses that have only one real estate agent in charge. Otherwise it would be negative publicity.
- Once the house has been sold, the phrase “For sale” can be placed above with the word “sold”. This will demonstrate that your agency has successfully sold that property, and will be your best advertisement outside of the online arena.
- If the owner does not want to put a for sale real estate sign on the front of their home, they should make sure that if you don’t put it, the competition won’t either.
- With only one contact phone, the real estate agent will have the opportunity to capture the client when they call to find out about the property for sale. In case the characteristics of the house are not what you are looking for, you have the opportunity to present other properties with the characteristics you require.
Where to place a real estate sign for a better visibility?
- Small real estate signs can be adapted in size (depending on the format of the real estate agency or according to the regulations of the place) and shape (they can be horizontal, vertical and with the traditional rectangular shape, or even circular for the most innovative ones).
- The real estate signs for sale must be effectively noticeable from the road. Abstain from putting your sign where it can obstruct or block streets and sidewalks.
- It is better to put the “on sale” sign close to the walkway or road than near the house.
- On the off chance that the house is situated on a corner, think about introducing a sign on the very road to get traffic from the two bearings.
- For off the beaten path homes, for example, those on isolated lanes or in a territory where traffic is constrained, you may ask mortgage holders who live on a bustling road on the off chance that you can put a directional sign in their yard.
Visibility has its limitations in terms of location, and the rules of where the property is for sale.
Undoubtedly, the visibility will be given by the real estate agents, who are the experts in placing their signs in strategic places in the front yard of the houses so that they are visible to passers-by and drivers passing by.
The Realtor APP that automatically connects buyers and sellers
In order to make the work of the real estate agent easier and faster, it is convenient to have a real estate CRM like Aidy, whose virtual assistant will remind you of the stored information of each client, as well as making use of pre-established real estate templates for communication more fluid and professional, from any mobile or desktop device.
Aidy real estate software automatically connects properties to buyers and sends them messages or emails with available homes according to the requested requirements.
Offering a free trial period, Aidy real estate consultants spend less time trying to establish quality communication with potential clients and doing real estate marketing. They only focus on their real estate salary and being the best in the real estate business.